Passive With Desire
Since his recording debut as Choir Boy in 2016, Adam Klopp has crafted nostalgic anthems, tapping the sound of swirling 1980s synth noir and captivating, cinematic songs sweeping with pensive sorrow and glowing hope. As a former member of the Mormon faith, Klopp spent his youth both in the pews of his place of worship, but also churning through DIY punk venues, before leaving the sect in the thick of a mission in Tahiti.
The duality of faith and fiction are central to the lush explorations on his debut album Passive With Desire. Recorded at Studio Studio Dada, the album’s tracks permuted as bedroom sketches, awash with camp, the sting of loss, and allusions to halcyon days of nocturnal, electronic driven pop. Retaining elements of Klopp’s original demos, Passive With Desire was recorded with a full band and polished with trumpet, strings, as well as archival samples calling back to Klopp’s hazy youth.
Engineered by Klopp, Bret Meisenbach, and Stephen Cope, Passive With Desire is the entry point to Choir Boy’s world of emotive wit, novella kissed lyricism, and bouncy, synth-forward takes on traditional song writing bound by the universal themes of loss, desire, evolution, and exploration.
- Clear/Black/Red Splatter Vinyl LP | 100 edition (sold out)
- Metallic Red Vinyl LP | 400 edition (sold out)
- Metallic Green Vinyl LP | 100 edition (sold out)
- Clear/Yellow Swirl Vinyl LP | 400 edition (sold out)
- Opaque Violet Vinyl LP | 500 edition (sold out)
- Pink/Mint Split Vinyl LP | 200 edition (sold out)
- Cloudy Orange Vinyl LP | 400 edition (sold out)
- Banana Yellow Vinyl LP | 600 edition (sold out)
- Pink Mint Splatter Vinyl LP | 200 edition
- Neon Pink Vinyl LP | 300 edition
- Transparent Clear Vinyl LP | 500 edition
- Black Vinyl LP (sold out)
- Compact Disc
- Two Lips
- Angel Dog
- Leave Me Be
- I Feel How The Snow Falls
- Blood Moon
- Passive With Desire
- Dark Room